Thursday, October 7, 2010

.SOME DAYS.

Some days... there just isn't enough time to do everything on your list.

My mother taught me a couple verses from Proverbs 3 when I was a child. They say "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Those verses have stayed with me for many years. And as is often true with the Word of God, I can come back to them over and over. Isaiah 40:8 says the word of our God stands forever. I guess that's why some verses just never go away.

Some days... there just isn't enough time... so when those days come, I have to look to the Lord for guidance. What would He have me do today? It may not be the same as what I think. And those beautiful words from Proverbs poke back into my life. So I ask... and maybe you can ask this of yourself too... How can I trust Him with all my heart? How can I lean on HIM instead of my own understanding of how things should be? How can I acknowledge Him in everything I do? And has He made my paths straight?

...Leaning on the Everlasting Arms...
What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

No comments: